Over the last 80 years, the Thompson building, whose address includes 6528-6540 Sunset, has served as a space for many different businesses and patrons for Hollywood. This historic and enchanting location, built by Gogerty & Weil Architects in the 1920s, was a Spanish Shopping Center. Some of the businesses included "Sunshine Flower Shop," and "Greer, Inc" a farmed modiste.
1929: Our location was a studio commissary and housed make-up and wardrobe departments for the neighboring studios.
1940: Patrick Michael Cunning, a young movie producer, had just made a feature film entitled "Stars For Tomorrow". He shortly afterwards moved to 6530 Sunset Blvd., the present address of the Cat and Fiddle, where he established his own television production unit called "Stage Eight". He joined Edgar Bergen to form the Edgar Bergen Television Center and the two were associated wit the Sunset address for several years.
1940s-1950s: The famous Le Gourmet restaurant was a haven for the Entertainment Industry. Ava Gardner, Katherine Hepburn, and Humphrey Bogart were among the celebrities that frequented this magical location.
1985: The Cat and Fiddle Restaurant continues the Hollywood traditionâ€¦ Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Morrissey, Christopher Lloyd, Woody Harrelson and their cohorts drift into the patio for refuge.